Tuesday, 7 January 2014

A couple of Tonic Affection projects, and a Happy New Year from Doda


Firstly, a very happy new year to you all. I've been very busy here, but can't show you anything just yet - not long now though.  You're going to love the new Tonic goodies!


As I have mentioned before, I didn't really do a proper product photo shoot before I sent my samples off for the last Pick of the Week, but here are a couple of quick photos I took.

The little girl's t shirt has been decorated using 100% cotton fabric cut with the heart dies from the Affections die set. Always iron on fusible webbing to your fabric before cutting, this helps stabilise the fabric and also means you can simply iron it directly onto your project. I like to further embellish with stitching.


The bag above has been decorated with iron on t shirt vinyl. The outer heart has been cut with one of the Tonic affection dies and the inner shoes are from the Indulgence chic set. It's the perfect little tote for carrying your party shoes.

A little hint if you are cutting t shirt vinyl. Unless you have an xcut xpress with the metal cutting shim, the best way to cut is by putting the die to the adhesive side of the vinyl. Even if the die does not cut through the acetate over-sheet, the vinyl cuts beautifully, and then you can just pick off the bits of the design you do not want and apply it to your garment, cover with a thin handkerchief or piece of cotton and iron carefully - instructions for the temperature needed usually come with the vinyl. I bought mine off Ebay.

I'm looking forward to this year with Tonic...I'm sure you are too.




1 comment: