Saturday, 28 December 2013

Dips' Favourites of 2013

Hello everyone, I hope you have all had a fantastic Christmas and are looking forward to celebrating the arrival of the New Year.  So, for my last blog post for 2013, I thought I'd share with you again my favourite blogposts that I've written for Tonic.

No 1 - Girly Peaches and Greens

No 1 has to be my first blog project for Tonic after they so kindly asked me to join their team of bloggers (which came completely out of the blue and was such an honour).

This card project kind of set the tone for what I've wanted do with my blogs for Tonic, which is to show the quality and versatility of the Tonic dies and punches.  For example, in this card, I've die-cut through felt for the accent mat.

This card project used Daisy Circle Die, Large Butterfly Gift Tag, Petal Pairs Box Set 1, Simplicity Daisy Border 2 Punch, Simplicity Butterfly Strip Punch.  You can find more details on this card on my blog here.

No 2 Poker Face

With this saucy Poker Face card, I wanted to show that most Tonic Dies and Punches can be used for cards for men as well as ladies, which may not have been the first thought you had when looking at the Love Birds & Scrolls Die Set or Doily Strip Punch.

You can find more details on this Poker Face card on my blog here.


No 3 Annabel and Friends

Paper piecing is one of my most favourite crafting techniques, I really love the effect. On this card, I used paper piecing on both the stamped image and also with the Maria die, other Tonic dies and punches used include  Love Arch Square Die Set and Border Punch.

You can find more details on this card on my blog here.

No 4 Extending the Tonic Studios Christmas Cracker Die

From the number of page views, it seems that my step-by-step photo tutorials are a firm favourite with visitors to the Tonic Blog. I'm really pleased that this is the case, as I really enjoy sharing techniques with you (although the step-by-steps do take an awful lot of time to produce!).  

One of my favourites that I've done is on how to use the Christmas Cracker Die to make a larger cracker and you can find this tutorial here on my blog, along with downloadable PDF of the instructions.




No 5 Elegant Vine Sneak Peek

As well as tutorials, it seems that your other favourite types of blog post on my sneak peeks in advance of new product launches. Tonic has had a fantastic year, with so many innovative new products, and that has certainly kept me on my toes!

It's hard to choose a single favourite from all those lovely new dies and punches, but I do have a particular penchant for the new range of Indulgence dies, of which this Elegant Vine Square has been the first of a lovely, extending range.

You can find more details on this card on my blog here.

Finally, I would like to thank you all so much for taking the time to read my blog posts, and an extra special thank you for those that have commented, either here or on Tonic Facebook page.  I wish you all a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous Nouvelle Année, Neujahr, Capodanno, Shana Tova, Godt NytÅr, Feliz año nuevo, Kul 'am wa antum bikhair, New Year!  See you next year for lots more crafting fun....


No comments:

Post a Comment