Sunday, 15 December 2013

A Quick and Simple Baby's First Christmas Hearts Card

I hope you're enjoying all of Jodie' fabulous shows on Create and Craft?  Once again, I wanted to show that the Heart Dies are really for use all year round, as shown in this Baby's First Christmas Card.
Card Recipe:
Tools: Tonic Studios Indulgence Affections Be MineSimplicity Love Arch Border Punch, Grand Calibur
Decoupage: Kanban
Paper and Card: pearl card, coloured vellum, foiled acetate
Embellishments: rhinestone crystals, pom poms


I created the sentiment using a pretty, girly font on my computer, matching the ink colour to card's colour scheme and printing onto smooth card.  I then die cut the sentiment and the filigree mat with the new Indulgence Affections Be Mine die set.  I washed the sentiment very lightly with distress ink using an inky duster and added a couple of gems.









The great thing about the Tonic Studios dies and punches is that new products always work with your existing items.  So for this quick and easy card, I punched out the edge of my card base with the Simplicity Love Arch Border punch.  Then I inset 3mm gems in lavender and purple into the largest holes in the border detail.

The final detail was adding some pom poms (bit obsessed with pom poms at the moment) onto my decoupaged image and the card was done!


This is a short (but hopefully sweet) post from me today as there are always lots more design team inspiration to share when there is a POW.  However, if you haven't already done so, please don't forget to pop over to my blog, DipsDesigns, where there's details on how you can win a fabulous prize of Tonic Goodies!

Have a great weekend!



1 comment:

  1. This is such a lovely cute card, and shows just how versatile these lovely dies are.
    The topper is soo sweet, can you divulge where its from, please?
    Thanks
    Pet x

    ReplyDelete