Saturday, 2 November 2013

Love Arch & Maria Butterfly

Hello, Dips here.  Today I've combined Tonic Studios fabulous Love Arches Squares Die Set and Punch with the Maria Butterfly Die for a pretty card for a pretty little girl's birthday.

Card Recipe:
Tools: Tonic Studios Love Arch Square Die Set, Tonic Studios Love Arch Border Punch, Tonic Studios Maria Butterfly Die, Tim Holtz Ruler
Stamp: Kanban
Colouring Mediums: Encore Ultimate Metallic Ink Purple, Memento Black Ink, Promarker Pens, Cosmic Shimmer Mist
Paper and Card: Deja Views, Textured, Joanna Sheen's Elegance Satin
Embellishments: Organza sheer ribbon 10mm, May Arts Printed Sheer Ribbon, hand-made pearl Hat Pins
I used the largest die out of the set for my main focal mat, it measures about 14cm x 14cm.  What I love about Tonic Studios Versom Die range is that that outer edge is a separate die to the detail.  So I was able to cut a textured cardstock mat without detail, and layer over it a patterned paper piece with all the die cut detail.  Isn't it a lovely die set?  You can also see the  little die-cut heart from the same set, which I've inked and topped with a tiny mother-of-pearl heart button,  so sweet! image.








I used a paper piecing technique with the  Maria Butterfly Die.  First, I cut the out the entire die using textured mauve cardstock, and cut again using offcuts of patterned paper but only the flowers.  With the help of tweezers, I then inset the patterned paper pieces into the main die.  A bit fiddly but a super effect.

You can also see the coordinating Love Arches Border Punch, peeking out below the butterfly.

This small accented circle from Tonic Studios Love Arches Die set is just the perfect size for a sentiment and makes a lovely change from a standard scalloped circle.

More details and photographs over on my blog DipsDesigns, hope to see you over there!










No comments:

Post a Comment