Tuesday, 19 November 2013

Birthday card with a red poppy


I've chosen a different format this morning for my birthday card. After seeing Alison's lovely poppy card earlier in the week, I felt a craving for a cheery red poppy. (What? Does nobody else get weird cravings like that?)

This is my own version of a poppy. Of course with the Punch and stamp sets, you can make up your flower however the mood takes you. The poppy petals were made with the Rose Punch and stamp set and the centre was from the Clematis set.
In the background is the cute paper from the Birds on a branch set. The leaves are from the verdant vines set, and the border punch is the loopy lace Simplicity geared border punch. 

We have snow in the Highlands today and I believe there are smatterings of snow across the country, so do take care out there if the roads and pavements are slippy. Better still, stay warm and cosy inside and do some papercrafting!

love





1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Doda, I love poppies

    hugs
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete