Saturday, 21 September 2013

Use Dies & Punches Prize Challenge Inspiration

Have you got your crafty thinking hats on for the fabulous Tonic Studios sponsored prize at an Oldie But a Goodie challenge?  Thought I'd provide some inspiration today with a card made using Tonic Dies and Punches combined with some old cardstock from my stash.


Card Recipe:
Tools: Tonic Window Die, Tonic Studios Window Box Die,  Tonic Studios Gothic Square Die, Tonic Studios Simplicity Dotty Border Punch, Tonic Studios Butterfly Border Punch, Tonic Studios Corner Rounder, Kushgrip Art Knife, Tonic Craft Tacky Glue, Grand Calibur, 
Paper & Card: Stardream card, opalescent vellum

This card shows what you can achieve with just 2 sheets of card and a small offcut of vellum, IF you have a good selection of dies and punches from Tonic.

The window and window box dies that I've used here offer endless possibilities for card making, but (unusually for me), I've kept things very clean and simple with just two soft shades of cardstock.

I made the blind from a small offcut of pearly vellum, punched with the Simplicity Dotty Border Punch, and pleated a couple of times, then trimmed to fit the window. 







Although this card is simple to make, just a few added details, which take moments, I think makes all the difference.  In this case, it's been achieved by adding a small scattering of tiny butterflies and flowers (the "waste" from, respectively, the Butterfly Border Punch and Daisy Circle Die, and cut from offcuts of card).
And, before I sign-off for the weekend, I'll post a reminder of the great prize, worth £99, that Tonic Studios are sponsoring for this fortnight's challenge over at an Oldie But A Goodie.  If you pop over to my blog www.DipsDesigns.comI've got all the details of what you need to do to have a chance of winning this wonderful prize and then get crafting!  And here's one final look at how I've used dies, punches and old stash to make this week's card....

Happy Crafting!


No comments:

Post a Comment