Sunday, 8 September 2013

Tonic is on Create and Craft TV tomorrow...Decoration made with the new Holly rings die set



These new dies from Tonic Studios are so intricate and beautiful and versatile and ...well just drop dead gorgeous! You'll find yourself using them time and time again.

I have made this decoration very simply by using all of the dies in the Holly wreath set. The centre circle I punched with the Simplicity geared birdy punch.
I strung the whole lot together using nylon beading thread ( although you could just as easily use small jump rings.) I had saved the acrylic crystals from an old lampshape - they were just the job ! To finish I tied a strip of organza on for a touch of red. It looks lovely against the light - the detail is almost wrought iron- like.

Don't miss Jodie at 8 a.m. tomorrow morning on Create and Craft TV to see this die and some other lovelies that you are sure to want.  Also, do keep an eye out on the blog as there will be lots of lovely ideas to inspire you using Tonic's amazing new dies.


5 comments:

  1. This looks fabulous. Those dies are a must have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Rosietoes...and yes they are!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! What weight of card did you use? Was just wondering as it seems to be coping with the weight of the crystals without pulling out of shape. Ordered my dies as soon as they came on C&C and can't wait for them to arrive! Thanks for the inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lesley, I'm not totally sure of the exact weight, but it was a fairly stiff card. I had to run it through my machine 3 or 4 times to get a good cut because I was using the thicker card. Another way to do it might be to cut 2 of each die and stick them together with spray adhesive...that way you could enclose the beading thread between the two layers. Hope that helps. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Doda. Just wish my dies would hurry up and get here! :-)

      Delete