Saturday, 7 September 2013

Sneak Peek 1 - Verso Christmas Die Sets Wreath Rings

By Jingle - those Elves at Tonic Studios Towers have been very busy, would you like a sneak peek? It's their new Verso Christmas Die Sets which are unbelievably gorgeous!  

Card Recipe:
Tools: Tonic Studios Decorative Wreath Die Set, Regency Swirls Embossalicious Embossing Folder,  Grand Calibur
Stamps: Crafter's Companion
Colouring Mediums: Promarker Pens, Anna Griffin Pigment Ink Pad
Paper & Card: Anna Griffin, textured card, Satin Elegance
Embellishments: Microbeads, satin ribbon, jingle bell,  acrylic flowers, rhinestone crystals, glitter, metal corners

I cannot even begin to describe how wonderfully versatile this new Christmas Verso Die Sets are.  To start with, they create beautiful wreaths (and I love a wreath on a card) which you can choose to either inset into your card, or have as a topper, as the outer ring cuts separately.  This is my first card, and I used the Wreath Rings Set.



So let's have a closer look.  I cut the outer wreath with the centre removed but I could have chosen to keep the centre in place, as this is an entirely separate die.  I also covered my paper with a double sided sticky sheet, which can be tricky with an intricate die but wasn't with Tonic quality (I did do a double pass and twisted the die cut around for the second pass, just to be sure).  After easily removing the double-sided sheet cover, I then used tiny microbeads to cover the wreath - the effect is so textural and quite stunning.

You can see more details on my own blog DipsDesigns and don't forget to watch out for Tonic Studios Four Day Deal featuring these dies launching on Create and Craft at 8am on Monday 9th September.



No comments:

Post a Comment