Saturday, 24 August 2013

Watch The Birdy Bird Cage Card

My card this week features the gorgeous Watch the Birdy range of stamps, dies and paper from Tonic Studios.  I love it when I can get stamps to co-ordinate with a die range, as I really enjoy using both types of crafting.



Card Recipe:
Tools: Tonic Studios: Birds on a Branch Bird Cage Die; Elegant Vine Oval, Window Basket Die, Grand Calibur
Stamp: Tonic Studios Birds on a  Branch (Set 2)
Colouring Mediums: Encore Metallic, Versamark, Promarker Pens, Embossing Powder
Paper & Card: Birds on a Branch 8” Paper Pack, Glitter Card, Elegance Satin
Embellishments: May Arts Ribbon, pearls, crystals, mulberry flowers

My main image is from Tonic Studios Birds on a  Branch (Set 2) Stamp, stamped with Encore Metallic Purple Ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder, then coloured with Promarkers.

I then used the co-ordinating Bird Cage Die, which I cut from glitter card stock, and decorated with little pearls  and my own handmade pearl and crystal charms.











I took two sheets of the same print from the Birds on a Branch 8” Paper Pack, and used one as my card background.  The other I used to decoupage the little birdcage in the corner and also to cut the flourish background on the main focal mat.   

I'm getting a bit obsessed with heat embossing at the moment, so I used Versmark ink and clear embossing powder over the Elegant Vine scroll background, to give it a lovely glossy finish and texture .  I also heat-embossed the decoupaged bird cage and the printed branch at the top of the patterned paper.  I hope you can see this detail in my photos!






Finally, I cut loads of foliage fronds using the centre of my Tonic Studios Window Box die, and used these at the top of the birdcage and also around the tag, stamped with a sentiment from the Bird on A Branch Stamp Set.
The great news is that there's a fabulous offer on this range this Bank Holiday Weekend on Create and Craft, so do take a look at their website for more details.    Here's one last peek at this Watch the Birdy card!



Have a great  Bank Holiday weekend.  Please do also pop by my own blog DipsDesigns for lots more ideas on using your Tonic products, I love to see you there.



2 comments: