Friday, 16 August 2013

Quick cards


Quite often I get asked to make Get Well or Sympathy cards which are not too fussy or fancy but I never post pictures of them here. I am in the middle of preparing all the bits and bobs for a batch at the moment and I just thought I'd show you the first three completed, for a change...
The first thing you'll probably notice is that I've used the new Tonic Studios Verso dies  - if you want a quick but elegant looking card, you'll want these! You can create a quick but effective card which looks like it has been laser-cut. 
On the first card I have used the Delicate Lattice Verso die with the Antique Frame die on top.
The image is Rhodendron - one of my own digi images from A Passion for Stamps which I've coloured with Promarkers and cut out. The butterflies are Classic Butterfly which I have double layered and the Multi Detail Butterfly at the top.


On this one I've used the Gothic Square Verso die which I have cut out and adhered to the card with the Antique Frame die on top again. The image this time is a Tonic Studios stamp..Fuchsias (from a set)


Lastly, I've cut out the Delicate Lattice Verso die shape on self adhesive cork. I  love this stuff and it looks great with the shells. The next layer is the Vintage Frame and I've coloured another of my own digi images - Sea Shells, again from A Passion for Stamps.
The white card is felt embossed and the two top frames are cut from kraft card - both  from Papermill Direct.
Plainer than usual, but I hope you'll like them for their simplicity :)

Have a look at this post and others on my blog-  A Passion for Cards

No comments:

Post a Comment