Sunday, 25 August 2013

Making Your Dies More Versatile

Here's just a quick post showing a few of ideas of how you can increase the versatility of your dies, by using them quite differently from as was originally intended.

First off, take a look at this Christmas Bauble topper that I made to decorate one of my Tonic Christmas Crackers - can you guess what die I used to make it?

It's the cage door from the Bird Cage die in the Watch the Birdie Die Set.  All I did was add a gold-tone jump ring to the top and my decorations.












Don't forget, there's a giveaway offer on the Watch the Birdie Dies this weekend on Create and Craft.

My second example is the very useful label die set that comes in the Butterflies Beautiful Topper & Die Set, which I used to create this card and tag set for Father's Day.



So, I used the smaller tag to make the bunting on the card, and I used larger label to create the gift tag and bottle tag.

The dies I used here are part of the free giveaway in the Butterfly Dies Set on Create & Craft.

Finally, going back to the Watch the Bird Die sets, I used Love Birds Die in this cheeky poker Face Card, but cut away the birds to create a Love Heart embellishment for my Card.














You can find more details on all these projects on my blog DipsDesigns, plus lots more ideas on how to increase the versatility of your Tonic Dies and Punches.

Happy shopping & crafting!








No comments:

Post a Comment