Wednesday, 7 August 2013

Elegant Vine Square Die Set with Bauble Tag Die & Antique Frame

Santa's been very busy at Tonic Studios Towers with some fantastic new die sets. For my card to coincide with their launch on Ideal World/Create&Craft, I've used the new Elegant Vine Square Die Set, the Bauble Tag Die and the Antique Frame Tag Die.  

Card Recipe:
Tools: Tonic Studios Elegant Vine Square Die Se, Bauble Tag Die, Antique Frame Tag Die,  Grand Calibur
Stamps: Joanna Sheen House Mouse, Kanban
Colouring Mediums: Promarker Pens, VersaMark, Encore Metallic Ink Pad, Peebles Inc Chalks
Paper & Card: Stardream, HOTP, Mirror, Glitter
Embellishments: Sheer Ribbon, Crystal Button, Jingle Bell,  crystal beads, pearls, pins, brads, eyelet

As I've admitted previously, I'm not really a Clean & Simple (CAS) card-maker, I really enjoy using lots of detail on my projects and these dies certainly fit the bill for my type of crafting (plus you can very easily also do CAS too - best of both worlds).  

In my Tonic blog posts, I always try to show how versatile the dies are, to help you get more out of using your dies.  So I'd just like to highlight a few things I've done on this card that's a slightly different use.


Firstly, let's have a closer look at my corner accents.  I've made these by using the Antique Frame Die on Mirror Card (cut and embossed in my Grand Calibur) but then I've trimmed it with scissors to create these lovely corner accents.







For my main focal image, I traced around the Christmas Bauble Tag Die in pencil onto stamping card (you'll see where I used the actual die as intended below) and cut it out with a craft knife and metal edge ruler.  Then I stamped and coloured the tag before mounting it onto the Elegant Vine Square Die Set, which has the perfectly sized mat for these tags.  I used my craft knife again to cut two slits, one on each side of the tag mat, so that I could thread my organza ribbon through the back of the tag. 


Tonic Studio Dies are so well made, they cut and emboss beautifully.  You can see this really well here, where I've used the Christmas Bauble Tag on Glitter Card - this is usually a "difficult" medium for die cutting but not with a Tonic Die - beautifully crisp edges and lovely embossing detail.  I've highlighted the embossing by inking over the embossed detail with a versamark pad when the die cut was still in the die then chalking over the top of that.  





If  you would like to see a more detailed explanation of some of the extra details and embellishments that I've used in my card (such as making hatpins and the bling-tastic charm), then please do pop over to my blog DipsDesigns, where I have more photos and information on the techniques used.  


Happy Crafting everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment