Saturday, 20 July 2013

Best Dressed

Hello, it's been great to get back to some crafting after a couple of very hectic weeks, but my crafty efforts have not been helped by the fact that the entire contents of my craft room are currently packed up in boxes in my garage!  Thank goodness, Tonic dies and punches are so versatile! 


Card Recipe:
Tools: Tonic Studios Petal Pairs, Label Die, Gothic Die & Punch
Stamp: Rick St Dennis
Colouring Mediums: Promarker Pens, Chalks
Paper& Card: My Mind’s Eye, Stardream, Elegant Satin
Embellishments: Pearl swirls, crystals, pearls, mulberry & silk flowers

Sometimes, I like to combine a variety of handmade die cuts and punched flowers with shop-bought embellishments. The floral flourish embellishment at the top is made by mixing up the smallest die from the Verso Gothic Die set with mulberry and silk flowers and a sparkly rhinestone.  I've also combined flowers punched from Petal Pairs (set 1) with more mulberry flowers, and peeking out from behind are fronds from the Window Basket Die set .  Do try mixing things up with dies, punches and embellishments yourself, you'll make something different every time.

You'll see I've used the Label Die from the Butterfly Beautiful Topper & Die Set for my main focal point, matted up using the faux mat technique that I've covered previously.  You can also find more details on this card on my blog DipsDesigns.

Hope you all have a lovely, sunny weekend.  Happy Crafting!




No comments:

Post a Comment