Saturday, 15 June 2013

Show Me Your Poker Face!

Here's another card using Tonic Dies in a less obvious way.  This time I've taken the Love Birds Die from the Birds on a Branch Die Range, but I've cut away the Love Birds to leave a gorgeous die-cut heart as the perfect embellishment to this cheeky Poker Face card. 


Card Recipe: 
Tools: Tonic Studios Love Birds & Scrolls Die Set, Tonic Studios Doily Strip Punch

Stamp: Crafter's Companion Frou Frou Poker Face
Colouring Mediums: Memento Black Ink Pad, Antique Linen Distress Ink Pad, Promarker Pens
Paper & Card: HOTP, Neenah, Stardream, Kanban, Linen
Embellishments: Double Satin Ribbon, Glossy Accents, Kanban die cuts, Bramwells Crafter's Cord

I printed the birthday sentiment and the Oscar Wilde quote out from my computer, and mounted the former onto the Scroll die cut from the Tonic Love Birds & Scrolls Die, and the latter onto one of the card die cuts from my Kanban playing cards topper sheet.
I also used the versatile Love Birds Die Set for the scalloped heart tucked behind the main image.  After I had die cut it from red linen cardstock, I used my craft knife to trim away the love birds to reveal a lovely heart.  You may just be able to see that I accented the embossed heart at the top with glossy accents.



You can see that I used the Doily Strip punch to create a decorative border on my mats.

If you'd like more detailed information on how I created the stamped topper, then do pop over to my Blog, DipsDesigns, for an explanation.

Thanks for visiting the Tonic Blog today - you are always welcome - and I'd love to read any comments you may have on this cheeky little card!




Happy Crafting!

Dips




No comments:

Post a Comment