Saturday, 1 June 2013

Fun Father's Day Card

Have you recently treated yourself to the lovely Butterfly Beautiful Topper and Die Set?  It may not have been the first item you'd reach for to make a Father's Day card, but the dies are just so useful, they immediately gave me the inspiation for this Bunting Father's Day Card.

Card Recipe:
Stamps: Joanna Sheen House Mouse, LOTV sentiment
Colouring Mediums: Encore Ultimate Metallic Ink Purple, Memento Cocoa, Promarker Pens
Paper & Card: DCWV, Conqueror Hammered, Elegance Satin, Textured Pearlescent
Tools: Tonic Studios Butterfly Beautiful Die Set, Tonic Studios Doily Strip Punch, Craft Knife, Grand Calibur, Sewing Machine
Embellishments: Bakers Twine, Button, Brads

To make the “DAD” Banner, I used the smaller label die in the Tonic Studios Butterfly Beautiful Die Set and cut out three labels in textured pearlescent card and three more in patterned paper. I trimmed down the outer edge on the patterned paper die cuts so that they created a perfectly sized mat for the card labels, and layered them together. I then scored the top of each of these labels and threaded them onto some Baker’s Twine, before securing each with a brad, to create a bunting.

I threaded another piece of Baker’s Twine through the border I cut from my Tonic Studios Doily Strip Punch. I love this punch, it’s just perfect to lace through with ribbon or, in this case, Bakers Twine, and, as you can see, can be used on men's cards as well as more feminine creations.







I used the large label from the die set for my image.  To create the co-ordinating mat, I traced around the outside of the die in pencil on the back of my cardstock.  I then cut around this with scissors creating a 2mm border.

Finally, to create the larger, forked banners, I used my Super Trimmer to create 3 long strips and then used my Craft Knife to trim out the fork shape at the bottom.
Hope you all have a great weekend, bye for now!

Dips




2 comments:

  1. My,,this is lovely! A nice Happy Fathers Day greetings would make it the best gift on June 16 for dads=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can express your happiness on the eve of Father's day in many ways. One of the ways is to send e-greeting cards to your father. You can find a lot of resources on Desievite so visit Desievite today and start expressing.

    DesiEviteadmin

    http://www.desievite.com

    ReplyDelete