Saturday, 8 June 2013

Father's Day Gift & Bottle Tags Set

Last week, I blogged a Fun Father's Day Card , and this week I've made this matching Gift Tag & Bottle Tag set to co-ordinate with the card.


Project Recipe:
Stamps: Joanna Sheen House Mouse, LOTV sentiment
Colouring Mediums: Encore Ultimate Metallic Ink Purple, Memento Cocoa, Promarker Pens
Paper & Card: DCWV, Conqueror, Elegance Satin, Textured Pearlescent
Tools: Tonic Studios Butterfly Beautiful Die Set, Grand Calibur, Spellbinders, Silhouette Cameo
Embellishments: Creative Expressions Bakers Twine, Button, Brads, Beads, Wire


I echoed elements from my Father's Day card by using the same Tonic Studio's label die shape (from the Butterfly Beautiful die set)  and another House Mouse Stamp.  It tickled my sense of humour that the House Mouse had a gift of Cheese as a present on my Bottle Tag - it's a Cheese & Wine Tag (boom, boom!  Sorry, that was such "cheesey" joke).  I made the little "Dad" embellishment with some yonks-old alphabet beads, a couple of glass spacer beads and some pretty lilac wire that I twizzled, and mounted this onto the small banner die cut from the same Butterfly Beautiful die set

Here's how create the faux nesting mat for the main image label.  Place your die with the cutting side up on the reverse of your piece of cardstock.  Trace around the outer edge of the die in pencil.  Using a craft knife or scissors, trim around your outline, the larger the border you leave, the bigger the mat will be. 

This is so easy to do and very effective.

The gift tag was made from the same Tonic Studio's label die shape, layered up and folded in two.  Again, echoing the main card, I used the same Happy Father's Day stamp, but reversed the colours on the cardstock so that the tag shape was cut from yellow textured card and the stamp mat in lilac.  Here I created my patterned paper mat, using the reverse to the above method.  I cut and embossed both the cardstock mat and patterned paper with the label die.  I then trimmed the embossed edge off the patterned paper (the embossed edge gives a perfect cutting guide for your trimming making it super easy), so it fitted perfectly onto my die-cut label.

I'll be back later with a project using the fabulous new Verso Dies & Punches, which launch on Create & Craft on Monday.
Bye for now
Dips

No comments:

Post a Comment