Saturday, 18 May 2013

A Little Birdy Scrapbook Page

I’ve just received the gorgeous new bird and birdcage dies and stamps from Tonic and they were just the perfect embellishment to the scrapbook page I was making . I  recently became an Auntie, so I am currently making a scrapbook for my Mum & Dad, who became grandparents for the first time in their early eighties!



Page Recipe:
Stamp: Tonic Studios Birdcage Set
Colouring Mediums: Encore Ultimate Metallic Ink Pink, Promarker Pens
Tools: Tonic Simplicity Dotty Border Punch, Tonic Label Die, Tonic Birds on a Branch Die, Grand Calibur, Tonic Super Trimmer
Embellishments: double satin ribbon 10mm

To make this page, using my Tonic Super Trimmer, I trimmed a 13cm strip of pretty heart patterned paper, then cut a decorative border using my Dotty Border Punch, which I then attached to a 12”x12” sheet of a pink cardstock.  I made the title using an online word art programme, printed it out and cut out with my Tonic label die. I created the mat by tracing around the outside of the same die and cutting it out.  The photograph mats were cut from white card and pearly pink paper, and I echoed the dotty border on the base mat of my main photograph.

To accent my page, I used the little bird from the Birds on a Branch die set and inked through the die to accent the die cut. Then I used the little heart and flourish stamps from the Birdcage stamp set to decorate the corners and under the title. I coloured in the hearts with Promakers to match with my patterned paper. These stamps are just so useful, they are going to get A LOT of use!

You can see more details on my blog DipsDesigns.com, hope you have a great weekend, happy crafting!

Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment