Monday, 29 April 2013

Bouquet Boutique dies on fabric

We had a pleasant day to take photos on Saturday before the wind and rain appeared again. Here you can see my little girl wearing a skirt I made her from a leftover piece of denim I had from another project. To make it a little bit special, I used the Bouquet Boutique Begonia die and cut it from fabric from a top that used to belong to my older daughter. I ironed on fusible webbing before cutting it out. I arranged the petals to form a fern sort of shape and made the stem from chain stitch and embroidery floss.
Around each petal I used my trusty old singer sewing machine and some pink thread.
I think I am going to use the dies to decorate a top to match the skirt now.


7 comments:

  1. Fantastic post,Doda. I love the cute skirt and how you've used the dies! Gorgeous photos too of the pretty little lady I was talking to on Skype the other day :) Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks Ruth! Did you spot my hubby in the first picture?

      Delete
    2. I did! But I didn't want to be "cheeky" ;)

      Delete
  2. Absolutely fabulous, how very creative! Your daughter is beautiful! I'd love to be creative with a sewing machine, maybe one day! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dawn. It's always a good time to try out a new craft! :-)

      Delete
  3. What a fabulous way to use rhe dies.

    Hugs
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete