Saturday, 20 April 2013

Altered Button Tin of Haberdashery Lovelies

Have you, like me, been glued to the television on Tuesday nights watching the Great British Sewing Bee? Such clever hands at work, which I really envy. Whilst I’m not a sewer, I do use sewing items in my crafting, so thought I’d create a little altered tin of haberdashery goodies.

I used the Rose punches and stamp from the Tonic Studios Pick of the Bunch Punch & Stamp Set to create the rose on the tin lid.  This was my first time of using this set and I tried both ways of stamping/punching ie stamping first then punching or punching first then stamping.  Personally, I found it easier to punch then stamp.  I love the extra detailing that the stamping adds to the punched flower petals, it makes the flowers so professional.

In my picture you can see that I've also used the little daisys trimmings that are left in the Daisy Circle Die, to create more dimension on the die-cut doily.

As always, you can see more detailed instructions on my blog DipsDesigns on how I used just this old sweet tin, a sheet of double-sided cardstock and trimmings from my stash to make my Altered Button Box with the help of Tonic Studios tools, do pop over for a look.

Have a great weekend

Andrea

2 comments: