Wednesday, 21 November 2012

Doily Die Decoration


Remember those paper ornaments made from circles that we all made as kids? 
Here I have upgraded the design using the Star Doily die. 

Cut out your doily six times on some cardstock. Stack them all so the patterns match up and then mark them halfway - exactly the same place on each  piece and then score each one. I scored them with my Super Trimmer . It's then just a matter of aligning the patterns and sticking together with a cord or ribbon in the middle. 

I decorated each panel with the Multi Detail Butterfly punch.

The possibilities for this are endless really. You can decorate them with stamping, or use fancy paper, or even place family photographs on each panel.

 Imagine decorations for a wedding, baby shower or birthday party.

All the doily dies should work for this.
(I might just have to make another decoration sometime soon!)

3 comments:

  1. Wow I really like this. I think it is something I could do with the grand children as they love to craft along with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks supagran. Hope you have fun with the grandkids. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice idea. Love the new stars doily!

    ReplyDelete