Friday, 17 August 2012

Time for a tune...Keyboard using Border System



This is the kind of thing I love creating - give me a punch (not literally lol!) and let me look at it from different angles to see what I can do with it and I'm happy :)

The Border System is where I started out on my journey with Tonic Studios and I always have it to hand. The first card I made with it was a Cardigan card (see it HERE) and it's been in constant use ever since.
Last night I had some scraps of white card and black card sitting beside my punches and I was having another look through the array of punches for the system when I had a "light bulb" moment.
I grabbed my Double Scallop punch and made a little keyboard..

The rosebud to the left of the keyboard is one of the Rose stamps from the Pick of the Bunch collection,also by Tonic Studios

I have used 3D foam squares from Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L to mount the black keys on top of the white ones to give dimension and I've also used the 3D thin white foam squares from Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L to mount the white keys onto the black rectangle.



                    It's so easy you probably don't need instructions, but here they are just in case - 


                 1. Using the Tonic Studios Border System and Medium Double Scallop punch, punch 4 times on    white card and 3 times on black card.

2. Using the Tonic Studios Super Trimmer score between each "key"

3. Cut off one "key" to leave 7 and then draw a line with a fine liner pen between each key.

4. Cut off 5 of the black keys carefully making sure they are perfectly rounded with no "bits" at the sides.

Now you've got the keys...add the black ones on top of the white ones as shown in the photo - mounting on 3D foam squares.

4 comments:

  1. Wow Ruth, this is really eye-catching a very imaginative.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous have a great weekend hugs Ginny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card and tutorial too Ruth, excellent :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete