Tuesday, 21 August 2012

Fuchsia and Doily Aperture card and a bookmark


Good morning. After all the heavy rain which kept me awake overnight I'm glad to see a little bit of sunshine this morning. Anyhow, I got a photo of this card a couple of days ago while it was dry.
 It's a fairly CAS card but quite effective
I've coloured and cut out the stamped Fuchsia and "hung" it in the aperture. (Check out the stamps HERE)
I've used my new Doily Circle Die from Tonic Studios and cut an aperture in the centre of the doily with the smallest Circle Shape Mate and right through the card. I cut a second doily from white card and added a quarter of it in each corner of the card. The little butterflies have been punched out with the Simplicity Classic Butterfly punch.



....and another little book mark today. I usually punch the bottom of the bookmarks with a border punch but wanted to use my Daisy Strip punch (by Tonic Studios!) across the bottom this time instead. I then stamped, coloured and cut out the Roses image (Pick of the Bunch) and added to the bookmark on Thin 3d foam squares from Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L. I chose the thin ones as they are great for using on projects like bookmarks where you don't want too much depth. It left just enough room behind the roses to add the ivy leaves and ladybirds from the same stamp pack. I masked the ladybirds and then stamped the leaves before adding Glossy Accents ..

1 comment:

  1. A lovely card and the lovely bookmark Ruth.

    The white on White elements on the top card looks so effective, I'd never thought of doing that.

    B x

    ReplyDelete