Saturday, 18 August 2012

Black roses




Would you believe it - this is the first time I've done heat embossing! I've never tried it before but decided to get a heat gun last week and give it a go. I really loved the effect of the powder melting before my eyes and, of course couldn't stop. You'll see some of the others soon.
I've coloured so many floral stamps over the past few weeks that I wanted to try a different effect. This is another of the cards which I made for the Norwegian trade fair so I used the beautiful Scalloped Arc border punch layered up twice on the side of the card and the Oval Shape Mate for the aperture and frame.
I normally prefer natural colours for the flowers on my cards and that's certainly what I had in mind when I drew the Pick of the Bunch collection but I've been experimenting with "outside the box" colours and love this too.
The stamps used on this card are from the Roses pack

3 comments:

  1. Heat embossing is quite addictive Ruth, people often tell me I'm old-fashioned because I use it so much, but I think it gives a lovely finish.

    Another beautiful card.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card! Love the pink and black - has to be one of my favourite colour combinations! I love the effect of heat embossing - There is definately something captivating about it melting before your eyes!

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete