Sunday, 20 May 2012

Bluebells



I've made an awful lot of cards lately which I haven't been able to blog for one reason or another so I thought it was time I made a card "just because"...

My back garden is full of Bluebells at the moment and I decided that's what I'd use for this card. I just love the way they grow in drifts and multiply each year. We had a gorgeous little rabbit for years (he died a couple of years ago) and he slept in the summer house at night but had the full scope of the garden during  the day ...so you can imagine how many plants disappeared. He loved to chew off the juicy new shoots of lots of my favourite plants and I lost lots of them that way. Now when I see them springing up undisturbed I actually miss him...!

Back to the card - the Bluebells are a digi image from A Passion for Stamps and, as usual, I've coloured them with Promarkers. I'm still showcasing the gorgeous new border punches from Tonic Studios and this time I've used Doily Border. I added a little strip of white behind it to emphasize it.

The little flowers at the corners were made with Pansies Accent punch  and the Accent Corner Wings, and I've added a little mini Butterfly at the top.

4 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card, love the punched borders, beautifully coloured hugs Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty!!
    ♥hugs♥
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a pretty card,love the colour

    ReplyDelete