Monday, 30 April 2012

A little bit of steampunkery

As soon as I saw this new Tonic Studios border punch it said Steampunk to me.
(Well, not aloud you understand or else I'd be a bit concerned.)

I found this fun graphic over at The Graphics Fairy and thought it would be perfect for a Bon Voyage card.

I used a small circle hole punch to emphasise the Geared look I was wanting. I used the punchout for the rounded corners, and the bit left behind after you punch became the scalloped border next to the "gears".  I also used this flower punch for the paddle on the boat. I cut all the petals off it to get this effect. Same way I did to make the sunshine in this card. To finish it off, I used some fake screws which are actually brads.

Check out the sneaky peek of the new punch range in this post. I'm sure you'll want to add these lovelies to your collection.

P.S. Don't forget to enter our draw to win an A4 Glass cutting mat. 


P.P.S. Don't forget about this fabulous £5 voucher offer from We Heart Craft.







1 comment: