Friday, 2 March 2012

Susan Niner Janes new blog


Many of you already know about our wonderful and versatile Petal Pairs punches, (don't forget to enter the competition) but did you know they were designed by the very talented Susan Niner Janes?  Well, the great news for us all is that Susan has just started her own blog  The Papercraft Post, and she already has two fun little tutorials for you featuring Petal Pairs. So head on over to check them out here ... and while you are there, why not become a follower of her blog to give her a big welcome to blogland.

I decided to use one of her flower basket tags as a card topper for a mother's day card.
The flower punches I've used are the petal pairs punches and petal pairs petites.
I loved the way Susan Niner Janes made little buds with the petal pairs. I thought it might be fun to give them more dimension so did this by scrunching up tiny bits of scrap paper and gluing them to the centre of the flower before folding in the petals. The best glue to use for this is craft tacky glue. It has a really good grip and dries quickly. If you use a slightly bigger bit of scrunched up paper you get a bud that looks like it is just about to burst open revealing the petals inside. You'll see some of mine are like that.
For the basket I wove together some strips of paper that I cut using my super trimmer. I then wove some more around the handle to give it a realistic basket effect. The basket is slightly raised from the card using foam squares.
I think I'l be making more of these little buds. They are really easy and fun to make ! Thanks for the idea, Susan.


2 comments:

  1. Fabulous creations, so pretty

    ali x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, Doda - those flowers really pop! Love all the textures and the paper weaving, too. Beautiful.

      Delete