Friday, 23 March 2012

A card for a sunny day


Here is a simple card to make. I used a square card blank and cut an aperture using my square Shape Mate. Then I affixed a square of acetate to the back using my Funky Tape Runner - it's perfect for jobs like that. I made pink paper insert to go in the card and stuck that in with my Funky Tape Runner too.  The flowers were punched out of the bit of card I cut out with the Shape Mate. Then I used a cerise textured card and the punchfetti from my Simplicity Geared pattern punch floral border, to make the flower centres and little flowers. The strip along the edge is made using what's left when you use this punch.
I used my Embellishment Stapler for the happy birthday greeting and the balloon on the top right corner. It's so easy to use to add an extra touch to your cards.
I then added a few jewels here and there and that was that.

I like how it makes pretty shadows in the sunlight.
I hope the sun is shining where you are.


2 comments: