Saturday, 17 March 2012

Alstroemeria


I'm sure you know it's Mother's Day tomorrow  ( I hope my 2 sons know!). Well...I had my 2 cards made but early this morning I jumped up out of bed and decided to make a different one for my mother. She loves flowers so I used my new digi image -  Alstroemeria - found HERE with my others at A Passion for Stamps.
I coloured it with Promarkers and set to work with my Tonic Studios punches.

I also made a little corner bookmark to match


I've shown some of the steps in making it below .
1. Make a card blank by scoring and folding an A4 piece of card and then folding back a section of the front panel at 4.5 cm.


2. Cut a strip of white card measuring 4cm x 21cm and punch along the edge with the Tonic Studios Simplicity  Geared Butterfly Border  Punch.


3. Cut a strip of deep pink card measuring 2.5cm x 21cm and adhere this behind  the butterfly strip.



4. Adhere this piece to the left edge of the front panel.



5. Cut a panel measuring 9.5cm x 21cm, emboss and adhere to the card front behind the Butterfly strip.



6. Colour digi image and cut out using the OUTSIDE of the smallest size  of Tonic Studios  Oval Shape Mates



7. Using the INSIDE of the next largest size of Oval Shape Mate, cut out an oval of  deep pink card


8. Adhere the image on top of the pink card and then cut a piece of white card  measuring 4.5cm x  21 cm , emboss this and stick it to the turned back part of the card front



9. Using the same Oval Shape Mate as for the pink card ,cut out  half of an oval using the cutter  on the OUTSIDE of the oval.

10. Use the Butterfly Border punch upside down, punch around the semi oval

 NB You can line the punch up by just leaving a little gap to the side of the last punch shape as shown in the picture

 Add this behind the oval and stick to the card front.


I have added some double butterflies which I made using the Tonic Studios Multi Detail Butterfly punch and the Medium Butterfly punch



3 comments:

  1. oh this is so beautiful huni love your tips on punching ovals thanks i will try it with my star one thanks xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card. Thank you for sharing how to put this one together.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Ruth - your Mum will love it! Jx

    ReplyDelete