Wednesday, 29 February 2012

Turquoise and lime


Today's cards show the Tonic Studios Multi Detail Butterfly, Daisy Border punch  and Daisy Strip punch together with a few ideas to use up your leftover punched pieces.

The card on the left has a little two tone border down the left side which I made by interweaving the two strips which were left when I punched out the borders.






For the card on the right I have used the Daisy Border punch as shown HERE to make a circle and I've used the little flowers and dots to create a shaker card.


Another thing I love about the Daisy Strip /Border is that it is great for stitching. I've simply stitched through the holes with white embroidery thread to create a different look.



6 comments:

  1. these card are fabulous loving the colours and that punched border is genius!! Love it

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! I've just discovered your Simplicity punches and they are great - in fact, I've mentioned them in my latest blog post at http://quilliance.blogspot.com/2012/02/it-started-with-punch.html
    Philippa

    ReplyDelete
  3. These colours are beautiful together. Lovely cards Ruth. Lee x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Love how you combined the design to create something completely different

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards and the colours are just stunning together. Pat x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This has to be one of my favorite color combinations. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete