Friday, 24 February 2012

Card(igan)s


I took the card on the right along with me to NEC last week and got so many people asking how I made it that I said I would add the details here and on Blog Tonic when I got home, so here goes.....


 1. Start with a 15cm square card blank and mark the centre of the top.Centre the smallest Tonic Studios Oval Shape Mate  to create a "neck" and cut using the cutter on the inside of the oval


 2. Cut 2 triangles from patterned paper. One with sides measuring 15cm, 9.5 cm , 9.5cm; and the other measuring 10cm, 7cm , 7cm.


 3.Set the smaller triangle face down on the same grid and mark both sides of neck edge.Place it on top of the larger triangle and lay the oval inside edge exactly on top of the marks and cut through the two pieces of paper.


 4. Remove the larger triangle and line up the oval . this time cutting round the outer edge to leave a collar.


 5.You now have these two pieces.


 6. Stick the larger piece down first with the collar on top using Funky Stick glue and doodle some faux stitching


 7.Cut 2 pieces of plain card 15cm x 7cm. Mark 1cm from the side edge and 4.5cm from the top edge and cut this piece off both pieces. Emboss both pieces with Cuttlebug Argyle embossing folder and stick to each side of card(igan!)


8. Cut some pieces of card now;
20cm x 3cm  Collar
4.5cm x 4cm (x2)   Pockets
4.5cm x 2cm (x2)   Pocket trim
10cm x 2cm   Button edge


9. Using the Tonic Studios Dotty border punch. the embossing folder and crimper,
prepare the pieces as shown in the photo and stick down on the card in the appropriate places

10. I like to stick the collar down using the Funky Tape Runner along the top edge and the 3D foam squares at the bottom for a more dimensional look.


Add buttons, faux stitching and that's it!
Enjoy!


6 comments:

  1. lovely!!! thanks for sharing...I posted here with a back link ok?
    hope you don´t mind
    hugs from Brazil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, Rosana. I've just checked it out on your blog and left a comment. Thanks :) Ruth

      Delete
  2. Ruth these are fantastic looking. Love the papers youve used. Lee x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever idea, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness!! This is genius! I love it! Tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my word what a genius idea...LOVE these!

    ali x

    ReplyDelete